RECYCLING AT COUNTY TRANSFER STATIONS
Each Transfer Station in Westlock County has a Recycle Center.
Materials accepted for recycling are as follows:
- Paper – Magazines, Newspapers, Books, Cereal Boxes
- Flattened Corrugated Cardboard
- Mixed Plastic – rinsed (#1 – 7), No plastic film
- Tin Cans – rinsed
- Electronics – TV’s, Computers, etc.
- Oil Filters and Containers
Alberta Recycling Management Authority Pilot Program We are also currently accepting the following recycling items under the Pilot Program:
- Audio Visual Equipment (CD/DVD player, clock radio, camera, headphones, satellite radio, speakers, video camera)
- Small Appliance (clock, fan, hair dryer, heater, iron, microwave, toaster, shaver, vacuum)
- Telecom Devices (answering machine, cell phone, landline phone, modem and router, pager, satellite phone, speakerphone)
- Power and Air Tools (drill, grinder, miter saw, nail gun, sharpener, shop vacuum, skill saw)
- Games, Toys and Music (action figure, amplifier, guitar, keyboard, microphone, video gaming equipment)