The Utility Services department maintains over 480 water and wastewater customers.
In order to provide timely service, the following information is needed when coming into the County office and setting up an account:
- Mailing Address
- Legal Address
- Possession Date
- Contact Numbers
There is a $50 application fee when setting up a new account.
Westlock County water utility customers are billed each month. Customers have a meter which is read monthly via remote radio read. Bills are mailed as soon as possible at the beginning of each month. All statements of account are due and payable within 20 days of their issuance.
A penalty of 3% will be assessed on any unpaid charges for water and sewer levies if the statement of account is not paid by the due date. In the event that water and sewer levies and/or charges as outlined in the statement remain unpaid after 45 days from the date of its billing, the water service may be terminated and a re-connection fee of $50 plus all arrears must be paid before the service will be re-connected.
Utility Fees Effective April 1, 2022
Water Base Fee: $43.17/month
Sewer Base Fee: $14.85/month
Late Payment Penalty Charge: 3%
For more information, see the Utility Rates & Services Fee Schedule.
If a property is being rented out, all utility billing will be billed to the owner. Utility accounts are to be in the name of the landowner. It is the responsibility of the landowner to provide Westlock County with written permission to mail-out utility bills, services and charges to a renter.
UTILITY PAYMENT OPTIONS:
- By mail to Westlock County 10336-106 Street Westlock, Alberta T7P 2G1
- At the County Administration Office; cash, cheque or debit card only. Offices are open Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed from 12 noon – 1:00 PM.
- At the County Administration Office through the mail slot; During non-business hours, cheques only please.
- At most chartered banks, trust companies, credit unions.
- Via Telephone/Internet Banking through most major banks.
(Send Utility bill remittance portion with your payment.)
- Make your cheque payable to Westlock County.
- Your cancelled cheque is your receipt. Please do not send cash through the mail.
- For your convenience a post-dated cheque is acceptable.
Please note in the event of a postal strike payments are still due and payable as usual. For those customers unable to travel to the County Administration Office please utilize the electronic options of online or telephone banking.
Pre-Authorized Payments You can authorize Westlock County to automatically withdraw the balance owing on your utility invoice from your bank account on the date your utility bill is due. View Pre-Authorized Payment Form Signing up for pre-authorized payments benefits you because:
- You save time and money: No more cheques, stamps, or last minute rushes to pay.
- Your payment is never late so you won’t pay penalties for late payments.