Landfill/Transfer Station Permit Holders and All County Commercial Landfill Permits
Please be advised that as of January 1st, 2021;
Landfill/transfer station permits can be obtained by completing the
Submit completed form and payment of $63.00 (including GST) to the Administration Office by way of cash, cheque (payable to Westlock County) or E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application will then be processed and permit mailed out with receipt.
Call 780-349-3346 ext 235 for more information.
Westlock County will no longer be issuing new or honoring current County Commercial Landfill Permits.
All County Commercial users will need to complete a Commercial Application with the Regional Landfill.
Westlock Regional Landfill Commercial Credit Application (click here) Call the landfill at 780-307-2456 for more information.
Waste Transfer Stations
Westlock County provides four Waste Transfer Stations for County Residents. Waste Transfer Stations are not Landfills, but holding areas where waste is stored on a temporary basis until it is trucked to the Westlock Regional Landfill. The Waste Transfer Station attendant has the right to refuse large loads. Please take large loads directly to the Westlock Regional Landfill. All users must obtain a permit from the County Office before accessing a Waste Transfer Station.
Jarvie SE 30-63-26 W4 26517-TWP 634
Busby NW27-57-27 W4 57419- RRD 273
Pibroch NW19-61-26 W4 26529 TWP 614
Vimy SW03-59-24 W4 59013 RRD 243
Non-Accepted Products Hay or straw, manure, sewage or fertilizer, the whole or part of dead animals or fowl, flammable liquids, industrial waste or chemicals, insecticides, herbicides, paint and oil.
Transfer Station Containers
General household garbage, old furniture, non-salvageable metals, plastics (all types), waste shingles, limited quantities of non-burnable wood, any other material not otherwise restricted or requiring separation.
Burn Barrel Pit
Burn barrel refuse only. NOTE: Old discarded barrels must be placed in metal salvage area.
Soiled cardboard (Limited Quantities) and wood and wood products – NO TREATED WOOD
Designated Material Sites
Tires, wire, metal salvage, empty pesticide containers, and household appliances.
Conditionally Accepted Products
Posts, poles, tree branches and stumps( 4′ or shorter), wire (rolled and bound), sand, gravel, and wood chips. PLEASE NOTE: No scavenging permitted. Please sort and tarp your loads.
Each Transfer Station has a Recycle Center. Materials accepted for recycling are as follows:
- Paper – Magazines, Newspapers, Books, Cereal Boxes
- Flattened Corrugated Cardboard
- Mixed Plastic – rinsed (#1 – 7), No plastic film
- Tin Cans – rinsed
- Electronics – TV’s, Computers, etc.
- Oil Filters and Containers
Alberta Recycling Management Authority Pilot Program We are also currently accepting the following recycling items under the Pilot Program:
- Audio Visual Equipment (CD/DVD player, clock radio, camera, headphones, satellite radio, speakers, video camera)
- Small Appliance (clock, fan, hair dryer, heater, iron, microwave, toaster, shaver, vacuum)
- Telecom Devices (answering machine, cell phone, landline phone, modem and router, pager, satellite phone, speakerphone)
- Power and Air Tools (drill, grinder, miter saw, nail gun, sharpener, shop vacuum, skill saw)
- Games, Toys and Music (action figure, amplifier, guitar, keyboard, microphone, video gaming equipment)
Please be advised as of January 1, 2021, the hamlet collection fee will be increasing to $15.00/month
Westlock County has a bi-weekly fully automated curbside trash collection system utilizing a 65 or 95 gallon cart. One of the major benefits of the cart system is that it allows drivers to use a mechanical arm to dump the waste into the truck rather than manually heaving each bag in. An automated system provides a more reliable service and is safer for the waste collection operators.
The cart requires two meters on all sides so the automated truck can lift it. Leave at least two meters between your cart and fences, mailboxes, overhanging tree limbs, parked cars and any other objects.
If you have a curb
- Place the wheels of the cart in the gutter between the curb and the road. Your cart will be on the road.
- Serial Number should face the road.
If you do not have a curb
- Place the cart out at the edge of your front property line on the road. Ensure that the cart is stable on a flat area and the wheels are closest to the ditch or your property line.
- Serial Number should face the road.
Storing and Cleaning
Carts can be stored anywhere on your property. It is best to keep them in a shaded cool spot. Clean the carts the same way you would clean a garbage can. Rinse them periodically to wash off any debris. Empty all the water from the cart and allow it to dry completely.
The carts are the property of GFL and must remain with the property if you move.
- If you want to identify your carts, you can attach a tag (such as a luggage tag) to your cart handle with your name or house number on it. Please do not spray paint or alter your carts.
- Lids should open and close easily. Westlock County will replace any cart that breaks or cracks through normal use.
- If your cart is damaged or needs repairs, call Westlock County.
- Carts must not be altered or painted. Carts that are damaged by improper use or abuse will be subject to a replacement fee.
Westlock Regional Waste Management Commission operates the Westlock Regional Landfill.
All Residential & Commercial users living in the Town of Westlock, Village of Clyde or Westlock County, must obtain a permit from their respective municipality and follow their prospective policies and procedures.
As of January 1, 2021, County Commercial permit holders must complete a credit application with the Westlock Regional Landfill. Westlock County will no longer be issuing or honoring existing county commercial (CC) permits.
Westlock County Residents & Businesses:
• One permit per household (lost or damaged permits must be reported prior to issuing replacement)
• Renters must provide a current signed lease/rental agreement from the landowner
• No Charge up to 4000 kg per year (Overages will be invoiced back to the permit holder)
• Permit holders may contact the Westlock Regional Landfill directly for year to date usage or tonnage
Location NE 27-59-26 W4 59424 RR 262, Two miles south of highway 18 on Range Road 262
Hours Tuesday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 5:45 p.m. Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
For further information, please contact the Westlock Regional Landfill at 780-307-2456 Rates
Please contact the Westlock Regional Waste Management Commission for current tippage fee per tonne for Residential and Commercial. 780-307-2456 or visit www.wrwmc.com