Westlock County – Fire Advisory in Effect

Date:  June 1, 2018                     Time: 10:33 am Effective Friday June 1, 2018 Fire Advisory is now in effect for Westlock...


Waste Management

Waste Management

Westlock County provides four Waste Transfer Stations for County Residents. Waste Transfer Stations are not Landfills, but holding areas where waste is stored on a temporary basis until it is trucked to the Westlock Regional Landfill. The Waste Transfer Station attendant has the right to refuse large loads. Please take large loads directly to the Westlock Regional Landfill.

All users must obtain a permit from the County Office before accessing a Waste Transfer Station.

Jarvie   SE 30-63-26 W4  26517-TWP 634
Busby   NW27-57-27 W4  57419- RRD 273
Pibroch NW19-61-26 W4  26529 TWP 614
Vimy     SW03-59-24 W4   59013 RRD 243

Transfer Station Containers
General household garbage, old furniture, non-salvageable metals, plastics (all types), waste shingles, limited quantities of non-burnable wood, any other material not otherwise restricted or requiring separation.

Burn Barrel Pit
Burn barrel refuse only.  NOTE: Old discarded barrels must be placed in metal salvage area

Burn Pit
Soiled cardboard (Limited Quantities) and wood and wood products – NO TREATED WOOD

Designated Material Sites
Tires, wire, metal salvage, empty pesticide containers, household appliances, and paint.

Non-Accepted Products
Hay or straw, manure, sewage or fertilizer, the whole or part of dead animals or fowl, flammable liquids, industrial waste or chemicals, insecticides and herbicides.

*Oil is accepted at the Westlock Regional Landfill

Conditionally Accepted Products
Posts, poles, tree branches and stumps( 4′ or shorter), wire (rolled and bound) building materials, sand, gravel, wood chips, and soil.

PLEASE NOTE: No scavenging permitted. Please sort and tarp your loads.

Each Transfer Station has a Recycle Center. Materials accepted for recycling are as follows:

  • Paper – Magazines, Newspapers, Books
  • Flattened Cardboard
  • Clear Glass
  • #2 Plastic, Milk Jugs, Milk Cartons
  • Tin Cans
  • Electronics – TV’s, Computers, etc.
  • Batteries
  • Oil Filters and Containers

Westlock County has a bi-weekly fully automated curbside trash collection system utilizing a 65 or 95 gallon cart. One of the major benefits of the cart system is that it allows drivers to use a mechanical arm to dump the waste into the truck rather than manually heaving each bag in. An automated system provides a more reliable service and is safer for the waste collection operators.

2018 Hamlet Collection Calendar

Curbside Collection

The cart requires two metres on all sides so the automated truck can lift it. Leave at least two metres between your cart and fences, mailboxes, overhanging tree limbs, parked cars and any other objects.

If you have a curb

  • Place the wheels of the cart in the gutter between the curb and the road. Your cart will be on the road.
  • Serial Number should face the road.

If you do not have a curb

  • Place the cart out at the edge of your front property line on the road. Ensure that the cart is stable on a flat area and the wheels are closest to the ditch or your property line.
  • Serial Number should face the road.

Storing and Cleaning
Carts can be stored anywhere on your property. It is best to keep them in a shaded cool spot. Clean the carts the same way you would clean a garbage can. Rinse them periodically to wash off any debris. Empty all the water from the cart and allow it to dry completely.

Damaged Carts
The carts are the property of GFL and must remain with the property if you move.

  • If you want to identify your carts, you can attach a tag (such as a luggage tag) to your cart handle with your name or house number on it. Please do not spray paint or alter your carts.
  • Lids should open and close easily. Westlock County will replace any cart that breaks or cracks through normal use.
  • If your cart is damaged or needs repairs, call Westlock County.
  • Carts must not be altered or painted. Carts that are damaged by improper use or abuse will be subject to a replacement fee.

Westlock Regional Waste Management Commission operates the Westlock Regional Landfill.

All Residential & Commercial users living in the Town of Westlock, Village of Clyde or Westlock County, must obtain a permit from their respective municipality and follow their prospective policies and procedures.

Westlock County Residents & Businesses:
•  One permit per household
(lost or damaged permits must be reported prior to issuing replacement)
•  Renters must provide a current signed lease/rental agreement from the landowner
•  No Charge up to 8000 kg per year
(Overages will be invoiced back to the permit holder at the year-end)
•  Permit holders may contact the Westlock Regional Landfill directly for year to date usage or tonnage

10.02 Solid Waste Tippage Fee Policy


NE 27-59-26 W4
59424 RR 262, Two miles south of highway 18 on Range Road 262

Tuesday – Friday 10:00 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
For further information, please contact the Westlock Regional Landfill at 780-307-2456

Please contact the Westlock Regional Waste Management Commission for current tippage fee per tonne for Residential and Commercial.  780-307-2456 or visit www.wrwmc.com

Waste Management Photo Gallery

Department Contacts

Administrative Support for Transfer Stations and Hamlet’s

Jade Boissonnault

Administrative Assistant
Email Jade

Administrative Support for the Regional Landfill