Westlock County has a number of fantastic recreational choices for summer or winter.
Recreational facilities within the Towns, Hamlets and County include:
Reservation for County Residents by phone only begins April 24 @ 9am; 780-307-0583 (no voicemails or drop-ins accepted)
the on-line booking system opens for General Public on May 1 @ 9am.
Discover the natural beauty of Long Island Lake Campground. Camping is a very popular recreational activity and Long Island Lake is a wonderful site in a natural setting. Long Island Lake offers 35 wooded sites. Each campsite has a cleared, level site with fire pits and picnic tables giving you room to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Campground Caretakers are on site 24 hours a day monitoring the campsites, beach and keeping the facility neat and clean.
- 35 Campsites
- Tenting Area
- Group Camping Area
- Boat Launch and Parking for Vehicle/Boat trailer
- Beach with Playground, Volleyball, Horseshoe and Change Room
- Day Use Parking and Picnic Sites
- Bathrooms (outhouses only no running water)
- On-site Caretakers
- On-site Park Officer
Days and Hours of Operation
- Camping Season Runs May Long Week-end through to Labour Day Long Week-end (subject to weather)
- Opening day the gates open to the public at 6:00 p.m.
Site booking entry and exit
- Absolute Check in time 6:00 p.m.
- Absolute Checkout time is 4:00 p.m.
- Gates open only during the camping season from the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Camp office phone only receives calls after opening between 9am- 6pm M-Sun; however no bookings are taken over the phone or drive-up
- Quiet time 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (no barking dogs and no generators)
- All visitors must leave before 11:00 p.m. in order to not get locked in (no exceptions)
GST will be added to all Fees
- Non-refundable Reservation Fee $12.50
- Change of Reservation Fee $12.50
- Day Use Per Vehicle $5.00 (not incl. buses)
(call before if the area is to capacity the gates are locked)
- Day Use Per School Group Bus $50.00
(Please call before to ensure our staff can manage your group)
- Day Use Vehicle with Boat $20.00 (maximum restriction in parking area in effect)
(call before if area is to capacity no vehicle/boats allowed)
- Seasonal Vehicle with Boat Parking Permit $250.00 (limited quantities available)
- Overnight Camping Sites $25.00 per night/unit
- Tenting Sites $17.00 per night/tent (Site A holds 1-2, Site B booked as 2 and Site C booked as 3)
- If you wish to book the whole tent area you must book as 6 tents
- Additional tents for sites $17.00 per night/tent
- Group Area (one night $250.00, two nights $450.00, three nights $600.00 and each additional night $150.00
- based on 14 units - each additional unit is $10.00 per night
- 50% of the permit value is held as a deposit in the event of a cancellation
- Overflow Area
(Is the Group Area if it is not booked within 72 hrs of the weekend the site becomes open)
- $25.00 per night/unit (Limited fire pits/tables first come first serve)
- Septic Disposal Fee/Water Fee $5.00 per use (non-patrons)
- Firewood $6.00 (Subject to Availability)
-All ATVs will only be allowed in and out of the park on trailers.
-Pets are not allowed in public areas and must be leashed at sites, constant barking will not be tolerated.
-No Horses are allowed within the recreation lease/or Municipal Campground boundaries.
-All rules are subject to the New Recreation Bylaw 12-2018 (please review prior to booking your reservation) and 6.13 County Campgrounds Policy
When booking online ensure you have the following information:
• Arrival date and departure date
• Site #
• Number of units and size
• Names of the additional members
• Name and mailing address
• Primary phone # and Cell #
• email address
• credit card number, expiry date and 3-digit code
Please note: multiple bookings (up to 4); create another booking (top left) before you enter your user information
If you do not check your order before proceeding with all bookings and hit the back button, the system will lock up the order in process and it will take 5-10 min to reset
Campground Booking System (Disabled until May 1st for the General Public)
Sport fishing requires a license for anyone 17-64 years old, residents of Alberta, non-residents of Alberta and residents from outside of Canada for full details see link below.
- Long Island Lake
- May 15 to Mar. 31 – Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15.
- Apr. 1 to May 14 – CLOSED
From the Town of Westlock, 22 km North on Hwy 44 to Dapp Corner (Hwy’s 44, 661 E & 801 Junction), then 12 km North on Hwy 801 and 3 km East.
Rainbow Park is a perfect site for a relaxing day in the country.
This day use picnic site is located in Westlock County and encompasses 20 acres with a sheltered picnic building, numerous fire pits, picnic tables and plenty of open space for outdoor activities and games. There is a large pond stocked annually with trout for angling enthusiasts.
Rainbow Park is located 4 miles east of Westlock on Highway 18. It is 1/2 mile south of Highway 18 on the west side of Range Road 255.
Due to an assessment of waterbodies by the Government of Alberta the trout stocking program has been suspended for this season.
In 2016 whirling disease was discovered in Alberta, including several commercial hatcheries. While the parasite responsible for the disease has no impact on humans, it can be extremely debilitating to trout, salmon and whitefish. Alberrta Conservation Association will be assessing ponds and will determine mitigation measures as required therefore allowing these ponds to be given approval for future stocking. For more information please click on the link below.
A family that plays together stays together, that’s why recreation is an important part of the County, we are a close-knit community which includes:
- Town of Westlock
- Community Recreation Centre (Swimming Pool)
- 3 indoor skating arenas and numerous outdoor facilities
- Rotary Trail 2000
- Westlock Action Sports Park (Skateboard Park)
- 4 curling rinks
- Altador Athletic Field
- Motocross Track
- Dozens of ball diamonds
- Numerous parks and playgrounds
- Westlock Bowl