The health and safety of the public and Westlock County team members is our top priority.
We are following the advice of public health experts and taking steps to support the efforts to limit he spread of COVID-19 and reduce risk to visitors, employees, and other users.
Effective March 24, 2020, Westlock County is temporarily prohibiting all visitors to Echo Lake Campground, $10 Campground and Spruce Island Quad Park until further notice.
Westlock County encourages the use of accessible green spaces for outdoor activity. Visitors who utilize these spaces are reminded that they are responsible for their own safety and to practice appropriate social distancing.
We will re-evaluate the temporary closure on an ongoing basis and keep you updated as more information becomes available.
Long Island Lake Municipal Campground – Online bookings for general public open April 9th
Response to COVID-19
Visiting during COVID
We are still dealing with COVID-19, so extra steps need to be taken this summer to ensure everyone’s safety.
We recognize the need to get outside, however, we must follow public health guidelines set out by the province of Alberta.
- Follow all COVID-19 information for Albertans and the advice of public health experts to protect yourself and others during this pandemic.
- Outdoor social gatherings are limited to 10 people maximum and must not have an indoor component. Physical distancing of 2m must be always in place between people from different households during these activities, unless they are a person who lives alone and a close contact. Limit activities to a household where they can, or plan activities with their designated close contacts if they live alone, as those are the safest options.
- Day use picnic shelter is closed due to gathering restrictions; please plan accordingly and dress for the weather.
- Do not visit if you are sick or were recently exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Bring a mask and wear it in all high use areas when you are unable to physically distance 2 meters.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer and tissues. Plan to ensure you have enough food, water, and toilet paper.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after using high-touch shared amenities like washrooms, bear bins, boat launches, docks, water fill stations and dumping stations.
- Leave no trace; pack our what you pack in. This will keep our campground clean and reduce the potential for human-wildlife encounters.
- Visit early in the day so you can head somewhere else if a parking lot is full and do not park on the shoulder of roads. If parking lots are full, please consider visiting at a different time.
We are awaiting Provincial Protocols for outdoor gatherings, social distancing and lake water levels prior to opening day use activities.
No drive up will be allowed or administered
In the event we can accommodate day use visitors they will be required to pre-book their visits by contacting our campground manager and providing the names of all guests, vehicle make and model and license plate number and completing a COVID questionnaire.
PLEASE NOTE, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS ISSUED THIS 2021 SEASON.
Days and Hours of Operation
- 2021 Camping Season begins April 29th(subject to weather)
- Opening day the gates open for camping reservation permit holders at 6:00 p.m.
- Absolute Check in time 6:00 p.m.
- Absolute Checkout time is 4:00 p.m.
- During COVID Gate is only open 9am-9pm, limited entering and exiting (no visitors)
- Camp office phone begins April 9th, 9am- 6pm M-Sun; 780-954-2261 however no bookings are taken by drive-up
- Quiet time 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (no barking dogs and no generators)
- Non-refundable Reservation Fee $12.50 is charged to every site booking
- Change of Reservation Fee $12.50 (name changes, date or site changes, moving site due to weather or COVID)
- Overnight Camping Sites $25.00 per night/unit
- Additional Tents for sites is $20.00/night
- Additional vehicles $10.00
- Weekends must be booked as two nights starting on the Friday (an email will be sent if booked incorrect or cancel with no refund)
- Long Weekends must include the holiday inclusive of the three days (an email will be sent if booked incorrect or cancelled with no refund)
- A charge back fee equal to one nights camping fee will be charged back to the permit holder for;
- early entry
- late departure
- or it the site is deemed unclean by the Park Officer or their designate
- Septic Disposal Fee ($5.00/use for registered campers and $10.00/use for non-registered campers)
- Firewood $8.00 (Subject to Availability)
GST will be added to all Fees Reservation booking made by the customer must be the same name when redeeming their camping permit.
Note: -All ATVs will only be allowed in and out of the park on trailers. -Pets are not allowed in public areas and must be leashed at sites, constant barking will not be tolerated. -No Horses are allowed within the recreation lease/or Municipal Campground boundaries. -All rules are subject to the New Recreation Bylaw 05-2019 (please review prior to booking your reservation) and 6.13 County Campgrounds Policy
When booking a campsite, please have the following information available:
• Arrival date and departure date
• Site #
• Number of units and size
• Names of the additional members
• Name of person redeeming the campground permit and mailing address (this must match)
• Primary phone # and Cell #
• email address
• License Plate Number and Vehicle Make and Model (all vehicles, boat trailers)
• credit card number, expiry date and 3-digit code
Please review the new policy and bylaw prior to making a reservation
Sport fishing requires a license for anyone 17-64 years old, residents of Alberta, non-residents of Alberta and residents from outside of Canada for full details see link below.
*Please review the fishing guide as there are changes for this 2020-21 season* Yellow Perch – qty. 15 Northern Pike – qty. 1 – over 63 cm (all other fish must be released)
- Long Island Lake (NB2)
- May 15 to Mar. 31
- Apr. 1 to May 14 – CLOSED
From the Town of Westlock, 22 km North on Hwy 44 to Dapp Corner (Hwy’s 44, 661 E & 801 Junction), then 12 km North on Hwy 801 and 3 km East.
Rainbow Park-OPENED JUNE 20
Rainbow Park is a perfect site for a relaxing day in the country. This day use picnic site is located in Westlock County and encompasses 20 acres with a sheltered picnic building, numerous fire pits, picnic tables and plenty of open space for outdoor activities and games. There is a large pond stocked annually with trout for angling enthusiasts. Rainbow Park is located 4 miles east of Westlock on Highway 18. It is 1/2 mile south of Highway 18 on the west side of Range Road 255.
Community Recreational Opportunities
A family that plays together stays together, that’s why recreation is an important part of the County, we are a close-knit community which includes:
- Rocky Top ATV
- Edmonton Skydive Centre
- Westlock Golf Course
- Hidden Valley Golf Course
- Long Island RV Resort
- Cache Park/Bat and Bird Conservancy in Jarvie
- Back to Basics Family Camping
- Tawatinaw Valley
- Buckridge Campground
- Barry’s Ultra Motorsports Park
- Linaria Ice Arena
- Fawcett Ice Arena
- Busby Ball Diamonds and Gymkhana
- Town of Westlock
- Community Recreation Centre (Swimming Pool)
- 3 indoor skating arenas and numerous outdoor facilities
- Rotary Trail 2000
- Westlock Action Sports Park (Skateboard Park)
- 4 curling rinks
- Altador Athletic Field
- Motocross Track
- Dozens of ball diamonds
- Numerous parks and playgrounds
- Westlock Bowl