The health and safety of the public and Westlock County team members is our top priority.
We are following the advice of public health experts and taking steps to support the efforts to limit he spread of COVID-19 and reduce risk to visitors, employees, and other users.
Effective March 24, 2020, Westlock County is temporarily prohibiting all visitors to Echo Lake Campground, $10 Campground and Spruce Island Quad Park until further notice.
Westlock County encourages the use of accessible green spaces for outdoor activity. Visitors who utilize these spaces are reminded that they are responsible for their own safety and to practice appropriate social distancing.
We will re-evaluate the temporary closure on an ongoing basis and keep you updated as more information becomes available.
Long Island Lake Municipal Campground – CLOSED FOR THE SEASON SEPTEMBER 13, 2020
CLOSING FOR THE SEASON ON SEPTEMBER 13, 2020. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE AND FOR FOLLOWING PROVINCIALLY MANDATED PROTOCOLS FOR OPERATIONS THIS SEASON.
2020 Camping Season
At this time, we are only open as a campground and only to campers who do not reside in the high risk regions/zones of the province, your location will be verified when you make your reservation and may be denied if they do not meet our safety standards. Day use beach access to the general public is closed.
We are still dealing with COVID-19, so extra steps need to be taken this summer to ensure everyone’s safety.
Only individual campsites can be reserved. There will be no more than one camper per stall except for Sites 20 and 21 until restrictions are lifted.
We are excited to announce a new STAY N’ PLAY permit which will be available to book immediately in our group area for tenters, boaters, trailers or just to have a nice outdoor day away. Because of the current flooding on our beaches and limited space due to government COVID regulations, this permit will allow users to utilize the water access through the group site ONLY. Due to the limited number of permits available, these will only be offered through pre-booking at the camp office at 780-954-2261. **Please note that given the flooding on the beach, the Stay n’ Play permits do not include beach access.**
Plan ahead and ensure you bring enough food, water and hand sanitizer as entry in and out is not an option.
Pre COVID Day use activity permits will NOT be available at this time (NO BEACH ACCESS to NON-Registered Campers).
PLEASE NOTE, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS ISSUED THIS 2020 SEASON.
The following two documents will need to be completed and returned to Westlock County prior to your arrival to the campground:
Days and Hours of Operation
- Camping Season Runs May Long Week-end through to Labour Day Long Week-end (subject to weather)
- Opening day the gates open to the public at 6:00 p.m.
- Absolute Check in time 6:00 p.m.
- Absolute Checkout time is 4:00 p.m.
- Camp office phone only receives calls after opening between 9am- 6pm M-Sun; however no bookings are taken over the phone or drive-up
- Quiet time 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (no barking dogs and no generators)
- Non-refundable Reservation Fee $12.50 is charged to every site booking
- Change of Reservation Fee $12.50
- Overnight Camping Sites $25.00 per night/unit
- Additional Tents for sites is $17.00/night
- Weekends must be booked as two nights starting on the Friday
- Long Weekends must include the holiday inclusive of the three days
- A charge back fee equal to one nights camping fee will be charged back to the permit holder for;
- early entry
- late departure
- or it the site is deemed unclean by the Park Officer or their designate
- NEW for 2020 Season: Septic Disposal Fee ($5.00/use for registered campers and $10.00/use for non-registered campers)
- Firewood $8.00 (Subject to Availability)
GST will be added to all Fees Reservation booking made by the customer must be the same name when redeeming their camping permit.
Note: -All ATVs will only be allowed in and out of the park on trailers. -Pets are not allowed in public areas and must be leashed at sites, constant barking will not be tolerated. -No Horses are allowed within the recreation lease/or Municipal Campground boundaries. -All rules are subject to the New Recreation Bylaw 05-2019 (please review prior to booking your reservation) and 6.13 County Campgrounds Policy
When booking a campsite, please have the following information available:
• Arrival date and departure date
• Site #
• Number of units and size
• Names of the additional members
• Name of person redeeming the campground permit and mailing address (this must match)
• Primary phone # and Cell #
• email address
• License Plate Number and Vehicle Make and Model
• credit card number, expiry date and 3-digit code
Please review the new policy and bylaw prior to making a reservation
Sport fishing requires a license for anyone 17-64 years old, residents of Alberta, non-residents of Alberta and residents from outside of Canada for full details see link below.
*Please review the fishing guide as there are changes for this 2020-21 season* Yellow Perch – qty. 15 Northern Pike – qty. 1 – over 63 cm (all other fish must be released)
- Long Island Lake (NB2)
- May 15 to Mar. 31
- Apr. 1 to May 14 – CLOSED
From the Town of Westlock, 22 km North on Hwy 44 to Dapp Corner (Hwy’s 44, 661 E & 801 Junction), then 12 km North on Hwy 801 and 3 km East.
Rainbow Park-OPENED JUNE 20
Rainbow Park is a perfect site for a relaxing day in the country. This day use picnic site is located in Westlock County and encompasses 20 acres with a sheltered picnic building, numerous fire pits, picnic tables and plenty of open space for outdoor activities and games. There is a large pond stocked annually with trout for angling enthusiasts. Rainbow Park is located 4 miles east of Westlock on Highway 18. It is 1/2 mile south of Highway 18 on the west side of Range Road 255.
Community Recreational Opportunities
A family that plays together stays together, that’s why recreation is an important part of the County, we are a close-knit community which includes:
- Rocky Top ATV
- Edmonton Skydive Centre
- Westlock Golf Course
- Hidden Valley Golf Course
- Long Island RV Resort
- Cache Park/Bat and Bird Conservancy in Jarvie
- Back to Basics Family Camping
- Tawatinaw Valley
- Buckridge Campground
- Barry’s Ultra Motorsports Park
- Linaria Ice Arena
- Fawcett Ice Arena
- Busby Ball Diamonds and Gymkhana
- Town of Westlock
- Community Recreation Centre (Swimming Pool)
- 3 indoor skating arenas and numerous outdoor facilities
- Rotary Trail 2000
- Westlock Action Sports Park (Skateboard Park)
- 4 curling rinks
- Altador Athletic Field
- Motocross Track
- Dozens of ball diamonds
- Numerous parks and playgrounds
- Westlock Bowl