Westlock County Fire Services exists to provide fire protection with five individual volunteer fire departments located around the County. The Fire Services Department has one full-time County Fire Chief, 6 District Chiefs and over 90 volunteer fire fighters. The members are continually training to improve their skills. Westlock County emergency services are delivered within the county border serving all ratepayers.
The County funds the entire operation with assistance in the way of fund raising by the volunteers within their departments, donations; each department has a fire hall, fire unit(s) and equipment.
Join our team!! If you want to help people, work well with others, enjoy learning and are physically fit, you may be an ideal candidate as a volunteer with the Westlock County Fire Services.
- Must possess a valid class 5 Driver’s License and submit a current driver’s abstract with application
- Must obtain a criminal record check including vulnerable sector check from the RCMP
- Must be able to perform physical duties as part of fire fighting
- Must be able to obtain the required levels of training when courses are available.
- Must be available for 75% of practices
- Must be able to obtain a cell phone